19 January 2013

Snowy days in a sleepy village

I love snow. Especially when it stops me going to school and gets me sent home from work early. Not so much when it gets all brown and slushy, makes the ground slippery so I fall over and freezes my hands until they feel as though they're going to fall off. Still, though: its prettiness makes the downsides completely worth it.

Waking up to see the whole neighbourhood blanketed in the stuff on Friday morning was enough to get me excited, but I didn't have much chance to go out it in. Today, however, I was accidentally awake at stupid 'o' clock and I couldn't get back to sleep. So being the crazy, adventurous, live-life-on-the-edge kinda gal that I am, I decided to throw on a load of jumpers, a big coat, lots of woollyness and a pair of wellies and venture into the village a whole three hours before I needed to be awake for work. All the normal people were still asleep and I managed to bump in to absolutely no one on my travels. This is one plus side of living in the middle of nowhere. The gardens and graveyard down the church path were completely untouched and particularly beautiful.


20 comments:

  1. aww lovely photos. I bet it felt great being the only person outside in your village stepping on the fresh snow before anyone else.

    Francesca xo
    http://goingroundthemulberrybush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos - hope you're enjoying the snow! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I really am, it's giving me an excuse to drink lots of hot chocolate... hope you are too x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your comment!
    Love your photos so much!
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok and thank you very much! x

      Delete
  4. Just found your blog...AND I LOVE IT! we're the same age so i really get you haha, you know what I mean? Love the way you write. And these pictures are fantastic! I love the snow and I live on 18 acres of land so I'm kind of the middle of nowhere too. I could never wake up that early but if I did I would totally take pictures. I'm super into photography and major jealous of these pics! :) I'm your newest GFC follower! XO
    Rory
    www.WearAboutsBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much, that's really kind! I really want to take more photographs and get better because I have no idea what I'm doing haha. Thank you! x

      Delete
  5. wow!!! i live in a place where it's so full of snow half of the year so i can totally appreciate this! :D beautiful photos! :D

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had it for about 3 days and I think that's enough for me, not sure I could deal with this coldness for 6 months a year! and thank you :) x

      Delete
  6. ...and you captured some great moments :) I love these pictures, especially the last two of them. Snow rarely falls in my town because we're too near the sea but I always love seeing it. It creates that special magic mood and makes me forget about how cold it really is :))

    xx
    http://smilesnapsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I couldn't really forget about how cold it was because my hands were frozen but yeah, it really is lovely isn't it! x

      Delete
  7. These photos are so pretty and peaceful! I love the last foggy one especially! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, hope you're having a wonderful (and warm) day!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was very pretty and peaceful out! I have thank you, hope you have too :) x

      Delete
  8. m8 this post is sikkkk!
    luv monica

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are just hauntingly beautiful! I absolutely love the snow!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It was a bit eerie as it was so quiet, particularly a these were all taken right next to a graveyard!

      Delete